Photo by All Sports Digital
Will be immediately following school until 5:45pm each weekday. Players are expected to be on time and ready to go.
Players are expected to attend every practice (during the school year), unless they are sick or have an excused absence. See district guidelines for complete information (linked on home page).
No cell phones during practice or games. Players will be asked to put their phones away and support their teammates at games.
Players are expected to work to better their team and themselves. Giving nothing less than 100% at practices.
Gossip, teasing, and the like will not be tolerated. We are a team and will treat others with respect and dignity.
"Commit yourself to something bigger than yourself!"
- Jim Rohn
TRAIL VOLLEYBALL EXPECTATIONS:
THE THREE C'S
Commit. Communicate. Coachable.
Student athletes will be COMMITTED to the SFTHS Volleyball Program by:
• Maintaining high academic standards
• Following the rules set by the coaches and the school
• Participating enthusiastically and with a positive attitude
• Setting challenging and realistic goals
• Dealing with challenges in a positive manner
• Playing with dignity and grace, regardless of winning or losing
• Anything that doesn't reflect the values of the Program, whether at school, at home, or on social media may result in extra conditioning, suspension, or dismissal.
Student athletes will COMMUNICATE openly and honestly by:
• Sharing appropriate individual and team concerns with the coaching staff
• Talking to us after practice or via phone/email
Student athletes will be COACHABLE by:
• Being open to constructive feedback
• Recognizing that student participation in athletics is a privilege
• Earning their position on the team
• Behaving with integrity
• Developing a team attitude
• Accepting responsibility as a role model for others
• Have fun! This is your one and only high school experience and we want you to have great memories from it!
Playing time is a direct reflection of a player’s attitude, work ethic, and attendance at practice. We aren't focusing on ability or what position someone played last year. This season is a fresh start!